Trivia and Facts
Real name: Konigsberg, Allen Stewart
Born: 1 December 1935, Brooklyn, NY
Parents: Martin and Nettie Konigsberg.
- married to Soon-Yi Previn December 22, 1997.
- was married to Harlene Rosen March 25, 1956 to 1962.
- was married to Louise Lasser from Groundhog Day 1966 to 1969.
- has not been married to Mia Farrow or Diane Keaton.
- never attends the Acadamy Awards because he always goes
to Michael's Pub (118 West 57th Street in the
Parker-Meridien Hotel, NYC) on Mondays to play the
clarinet with the New Orleans Funeral & Ragtime Orchestra. If
you want to see him, reservation is recommended (212-708-7435).
- (almost) always gives his characters short names (Alvie, Isaac,
Larry, Gabe...) in his movies, because they're just quicker to
type. (`Woody on Woody' via firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- has received at least the following prizes:
- married to Woody December 22, 1997.
- adopted by Mia Farrow and André Previn.
- born in Korea
- was married to Frank Sinatra before she met Woody.
- During marriage to André Previn:
Matthew and Sascha (fraternal twins) and Fletcher.
Lark and Daisy: Adopted Vietnamese orphan girls
Soon-Yi: Orphaned Korean girl
- Misha Amadeus Farrow: Adopted Korean boy (Woody assumed
Eliza O'Sullivan Farrow: Adopted
American girl (changed name from Dylan after Woody and
Mia split up.)
- With Woody:
Seamus O'Sullivan Farrow (1987) (changed from Satchel)
Here is a list of some of Woody's influences. This list is not
complete and maybe someone disagrees....
In "Woody Allen on Woody Allen" Woody said that he respected
Lenny Bruce but wasn't a big fan.
- Buster Keaton
- Jean-Luc Godard
- Federico Fellini
- Ingmar Bergman
- Bob Hope
- S.J. Perlman
- Milton Berle
- Sid Caesar
- The Marx Brothers
- Sergei Eisenstein
- Mort Sahl
- James Thurber
General trivia about his films
Here are some trivia I didn't find in the
- The font he is using in his recent films is called "Windsor"
which looks like Palatino.
Woody things to do in New York City
- [Woody30574 on news]
Visit Woody's home, I've done it twice when I was in NY and I
saw him twice. Both times in the later afternoon and I just
waited around half an hour. His adress is: 930-5th.Ave.,
NY 10 018, (Central Park East)
- [Gary on news]
You may want to consider Elaine's (Manhattan) or the Carnegie
De[li (Broadway Danny Rose)
- [Gregor18 on news]
Why not just go to Michael's Pub [see above for address] on
Monday night and watch Woody play some good jazz?
Thanks to Michele, Hilton, Eric, and Fields.
Anders Herman Torp
$Id: trivia.html,v 1.10 2004/01/18 19:53:37 torpand Exp $